The International Society for Physical Activity and Health (ISPAH) is recognised as one of the foremost global organisations bringing together researchers, practitioners, and policymakers. Our aim is to promote physical activity across the life course—from childhood to senior years—by generating evidence-based insights and fostering interdisciplinary collaboration.
By creating a platform for professionals in diverse fields to share knowledge and best practices, we strive to influence both regional and global policy. We are deeply committed to the development and support of early- to mid-career professionals, especially those in low and middle-income countries. In doing so, we aim to create a healthier, more active world for everyone, regardless of age, location, or socioeconomic status.
- Supporting communication of and excellence in research and practice on physical activity and public health
- Developing capacity in research and practice on physical activity and public health world wide
- Leading advocacy actions to advance research and knowledge dissemination to improve policy and practice and promote physical activity
- Partnering in global collaborations to advance physical activity and public health research and practice
- Being a world leading global professional society for researchers and practitioners in physical activity and public health
Empowering Global Physical Activity
Discover our key focus areas that drive our mission to create a healthier, more interconnected society:
- We connect you and your work with the global community to allow you to share and learn from each other
- We actively support the development of early- and mid-career researchers and practitioners, particularly those in low and middle-income countries
- We connect research with global, regional, and national policy and practice, and actively engage in global advocacy for physical activity
- We work to increase understanding of the mental, physical, and social health benefits of physical activity as we as the co-benefits to society
- We welcome interdisciplinary partnerships recognising the role of all levels of government as well as sectors outside of health